Closing Date: 25 January 2013 before 12:00
Duration: 18-month ﬁxed-term contract with a R3 000 per month stipend)
Learning opportunities for 1000 Trainees in the Tshwane Metro Police Department that renders a 24 hour policing service to the community including mainly three core functions namely- Road Policing, By-Laws Policing and Crime Prevention. The main focus is to ensure a safe and secure road environment and to reduce any causes and opportunities for the occurrences of all criminal activities, traffic and by-law contraventions. Trainees will be engaged on an annual eighteen (18) month fixed term contract commencing with an initial 4 week Selection Course. Only after successful completion of this course, deployment for practical training, in any of the 105 wards of the CoT, will prepare Trainees for the Basic Metro Police Course. Once fully complied/qualified for all legal appointment requirements, permanent employment as a Constable will be considered in any of the 105 CoT wards according to an approved grading scheme and shift system.
- Must be a permanent resident of Tshwane area
- Must be between 18-35 years old
- Must be physically and mentally fit.
- Must be in possession of a senior certificate (GR12), of which documentary proof must be submitted.
- Have no criminal convictions excluding previous convictions relating to political activities in the previous dispensation, and allow his/her fingerprints to be taken
- Is proficient in English
- Minimum of a valid Code B driving license (manual transmission)
- Must take the oath of office as determined by the Municipality after successful completion of the course.
Personal attributes and/or competencies:
Good liaison skills, Good communication skills (written and verbally), Leadership skills, Independence regarding the execution of assigned duties, Positive attitude, Must be able to work under pressure, honest and reliable.
- Must be able to undergo a fitness test of 2.4 km running within 11.09 minutes for males and 14.29 minutes for females
- Must complete an obstacle course within 3 minutes for
- males and 4 minutes for females
- Provide a medical certificate as proof that a person may do strenuous exercise (you will be requested to provide this certificate if and when you are invited for a physical evaluation)
- Complete an English proficiency pre-requisite test
- Must pass a medical examination
Site Editor: In the wake of the tragic incident that happened in KZN, Puff & Pass would like urge all site users to think twice about taking part in the fitness test as it may lead to similar tragic situation.
- Must be prepared to attend training courses as determined by the CoT
- Must participate in a vigorous training program (Inter alia physical, fire arm, theoretical and practical)
- Must be willing to undergo abnormal training including after hours without compensation
- Will be deployed to any area within the Tshwane Municipal boundaries
Training related enquiries:
Metro Police Academy; 11 State Artillery Road, Pretoria West
How to Apply
Please note that applicants need to obtain an application form from the
Metro Police Regional Ofﬁce in their region of residence (see full advert with the addresses and map on our website). Applications must be handed in at the same ofﬁce before or on the closing date. No electronic/faxed applications will be accepted.
Completed application forms must be submitted at the Metro Police Regional Offices:
Comments are closed.