Closing Date: 03 August 2012
Overall Job Purpose : As an internship position, the position is intended to equip the incumbent(s) with vocational skills centred on:
- Acquiring an understanding of the practicalities involved in fulfilment of the ICT support function, through practical application of the theory, principles and standards involved;
- Achieving measurable goals designed to prove successful attainment of the skills required to fulfil his/her role as a useful, contributing member of the ICT function;
- The joint undertaking with permanent ICT function staffing, of those activities required to positively reinforce his/her understanding of the practicalities involved; and Providing the necessary additional capacity for the fulfillment of specific tasks as designated by the ICT Unit Manager.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge concerning the procedures, processes and practices required to ensure the safety, security and integrity of the Council’s programs, data and equipment infrastructure, in conformance with Council standards and practices through the attainment of specific, pre-determined learning objectives.
- Acquire the necessary practical skills relevant to maintenance of the Council’s ICT infrastructure through the joint investigation and resolving of concerns with permanent ICT staff members.
- Provide first-level support jointly with permanent ICT staff members to CGS end-users requiring technical assistance with their computing activities, through acquiring an understanding of specific computing concerns and the provision of problem-solving expertise for the resolution of such concerns as necessary.
- Assist permanent ICT staff members with the undertaking of IMAC activities for end-user computing, encompassing:
- Equipment infrastructure, peripherals and components
- Operating system and functional connectivity, including messaging
- Application software of both individual, ‘groupware’ and ‘suite’ definition.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to work under pressure.
- An ability to interact suitably and appropriately in a cross-hierarchical and cross.
- functional manner, both formally and informally.
- An ability to absorb a large amount of technical knowledge, coupled to conscious endeavour and focus for the application of such knowledge in a practical scenario.
Qualification and Experience
- Matriculation, with an A+ and N+ certification or relevant ICT diploma/degree graduate. As a vocational position intended to equip the incumbent with practical skills and experiential knowledge, there are no specific knowledge and experience requirements.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and wish to apply, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position reference title when submitting your application.
Note: Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates.
Comments are closed.