The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries intends awarding comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/ or intending to further their studies in critical scarce skills in agriculture, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2013 academic year. The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty stricken and deep rural communities. Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
|Field of Study||Requirements|
|Mathematics and Physical Science 6 (70-79)|
|Mathematics and Physical Science 5 (60-69)|
||Mathematics and Physical Science 5 (50-59)|
- It is worth noting that certain fields of studies are only available at certain institutions of higher learning:
- B.Sc. Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering): University of KwaZulu –Natal
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science (BVSc): University of Pretoria
- B.Sc. Viticulture and Oenology: University of Stellenbosch
- B.Sc. Forestry and Wood Science: University of Stellenbosch
- B.Sc. Oceanography and Marine Biology: University of Cape Town
- B.Sc. Ichthyology specializing in Aquaculture : Rhodes University
- National Diploma: Forestry : Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- National Diploma : Oceanography : Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must complete relevant bursary application forms
- Successful candidates will be informed from 25 January 2013 after the National Bursary Committee has finalised the selection process. If you do not hear from us by end of January 2013, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- All completed bursary application forms together with certified copies of ID and certificates/performance results should be sent to the following address:
Attention: Mr Philemon Mathebula For further enquiries please contact
|Attention: Mr Philemon Mathebula||For further enquiries please contact|
|Directorate: Sector Education and TrainingDepartment of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
Private Bag X250
|Mr Thabang Sephai : 012 319 7923Mr Kaizer Ndlovu : 012 319 7358
Ms Tshilidzi Netshilema : 012 319 7848
(i) The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries reserves the right to determine the total number of bursary allocations for the academic year based on the total budget available.
(ii) The National Bursary Committee will make use of the Bursary Scheme’s 14 point system to allocate points to shortlisted applicants.
(iii) The Bursary Scheme of the Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries is in fulfilment of the sector strategic objective of elimination of skewed participation in the agriculture, forestry and fisheries sectors.
Closing Date: 30 September 2012
Comments are closed.