Closing Date: 13 July 2012
Intern – ENG Camera Operator x 2 – (Johannesburg Newsroom)
Reporting to the Camera Crew Manager: key performance areas include the following training:
- record audio and video material to be edited and packaged into a news insert for broadcast;
- plan and develop the visual presentation of a story with a reporter assigned to the news story;
- apply the principles of visual story telling through aesthetically pleasing and technically correct compositions, angles and camera movements, making sure to deliver images with the correct exposure and colour balance;
- cover news events by shooting sequences with continuity for editing purposes
- use correct lighting and sound recording techniques to comply with broadcast standards;
- edit video and audio for a news insert, out on location transmit video and audio material from out on location back to the studio or to the bureaus, as instructed.
- A minimum of 2 years study completed and requiring “on the job” training
- A keen interest in news and current affairs
- A good general knowledge
The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends and public holiday, and standby shifts.
This is a contract position only.
How to Apply
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please send your application together with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments are closed.