Closing Date: 9 April 2012
|Bursary Information Guide 2012|
|Undergraduate Bursary Application Form|
|Post-Graduate Bursary Application Form|
|Research & Innovation Bursary Application Form|
Through research conducted within the sector, FoodBev SETA annually determines the skills needs of the sector and implements initiatives to address these needs.
As a part of its skills development initiatives, FoodBev SETA awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the food and beverages manufacturing sector. These critical and scarce skills are identified through annual reports submitted by employers, as required by the Skills Development Act.
Bursary awards are categorised according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Strategy III compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
FoodBev SETA invites full-time students to apply for bursaries for studies conducted during 2012, as per the programmes listed below.
UNDERGRADUATE BURSARIES (BF2012U) – FINAL YEAR STUDIES ONLY
The following areas have been identified as scarce skills in the Food and Beverages Manufacturing sector:
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- B Tech Electrical Engineering
- BSc Electronics Engineering
- B Tech Electronics Engineering
- B Tech Production Management
- Diploma in Production Management
- Diploma in Packaging Management
- B Com
- B Compt
- B Sc Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Microbiology/Food Science
- B Tech Food Technology
- B Bus Sc Marketing
- Degree in Consumer Science
- Degree in Environmental Health Science
Full time students enrolled for their final year of studies, as stipulated above, for either a 3 or 4 year qualification are invited to apply.
POST-GRADUATE BURSARIES (BF2012P)
The following areas have been identified as scarce skills in the Food and Beverage Manufacturing sector:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Production Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Packaging Management
- Post Graduate Degree in Finance
- Post Graduate Degree in Accounting
- Post Graduate Degree in Operations Management
- Advanced Diploma: Labour Relations
- Hons/Masters: Industrial Psychology
- B Com Hons or Masters
- BSc Hons or Masters
- Post Graduate Degree in Food Science and Technology
- Post Graduate Degree in Engineering
Full time students enrolled for any of the above are invited to apply.
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION BURSARIES (BF2012R)
The Bursary Grant is available to full time students to subsidise research and/or innovation project costs leading to a post-graduate qualification, which is deemed to be relevant to the food and beverage manufacturing industry. Preference will be given to research studies leading to a PhD degree.
Completed application forms with all supporting documents can be submitted to FoodBev SETA by 9 April 2012.
Applications may be submitted via any one of the following:
- E-mail to email@example.com
- Fax to 011 253 7333
- Personal delivery to 13 Autumn Street, Rivonia, 2128
No applications via mail will be accepted, and no applications received after 09 April 2012 will be taken into consideration.
Applications will be adjudicated by a panel of evaluators appointed by FoodBev SETA. The decision of the panel will be ratified by the FoodBev SETA Board and their final decision will be binding.
Application forms and guidelines are available for download on the top of this page.
Comments are closed.