Location: Port Elizabeth
Closing Date: 13 July 2012, 12:00PM
Position Code: 5176
Salary: R123 732 – R135 036 per annum
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
- A B. Com. Degree majoring in Accounting or a National Diploma in Cost Accounting.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, while the ability to communicate in at least one other official local language will be a recommendation.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Windows Spreadsheet applications.
- Financial accounting related work experience (a recommendation).
Summary of duties:
- Assisting in implementing the Municipal Finance Management Act and Budget reforms.
- Assisting in developing statistical reporting modules and financial policies and procedures.
- Capturing financial data.
Proof of academic qualifications:
- All applications must be accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications.
- Short-listed candidates will be required to produce their original academic qualifications at the interview.
- Should the necessity to determine equivalence of qualification and/or the verification/confirmation of same be required, this should be established via the relevant verification authority and the responsibility will rest with the applicants themselves.
How to Apply
Official application forms are obtainable from the Employment Application Receiving Centre, ground floor, Lillian Diedericks Building (formerly Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth, tel. 041506 2252 or may be downloaded from the municipal website: http://www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za/
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy, clearly stating the position code of the post for which you are applying. Each completed application form must be accompanied by a CV (curriculum vitae) and certified copies of supporting documentation (please do not submit original supporting documentation, as this will not be returned). A CV not accompanied by a fully completed official application form will not be accepted.
Mail to the Executive Director: Corporate Services (Human Resources Management Services Sub-Directorate), P O Box 116, Port Elizabeth, 6000 or deliver to the Employment Application Receiving Centre, ground floor, Lillian Diedericks Building (previously Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth.
Kindly note that the Municipality does not notify applicants whose applications were unsuccessful. Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date may safely assume that their applications were not successful. They are nevertheless thanked for their interest shown in the position(s) advertised.
In compliance with the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality’s Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified female (Coloured/White) applicants.
Comments are closed.