Closing Date: 31 July 2012
If you love numbers and think you have what it takes to be an actuary then we have an offer for you! Old Mutual offers Actuarial Science bursaries to study at the University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch University.
Take a minute and ask yourself a few questions:
- Are you dedicated and self-driven?
- Are you a maths whiz?
- Do you have good communication skills?
- Do you like a challenge?
- Do you have that x-factor that sets you apart from all others?
If you answered “Yes” to the questions then you’re half way to becoming a recognised top-earning professional! The other half requires hard work and dedication.
The Actuarial Bursary Programme offers you and other young South Africans the opportunity to develop an actuarial career.
What you get
Just take a look at what the University of Cape Town and Stellebosch University bursary covers:
- All tuition.
- Accommodation with meals.
- General and book allowance.
- Travel allowance (where applicable).
- Incentives for good performance.
- Academic and emotional support.
- Good networking opportunities.
- Vacation work from second year.
After your studies you can enjoy:
- Guaranteed employment after university.
- One-on-one mentoring by an experienced qualified actuary.
- In-house rotation programme exposing you to professional development across all areas.
- Working with acknowledged industry-leading experts in different fields, shaping South Africa’s financial future!
What you need to qualify
You need Mathematics with a strong A-plus result and A’s and B’s for the rest of your matric subjects.
How to Apply!
Download: Actuarial Bursary Application Form (85kb pdf).
Preference will be given to South African black learners i.e. Africans, Coloureds and Indians (in terms of the Employment Equity Act). Please ensure that the application is completed in your own writing.
Send certified copies of:
- Your identity document.
- Your results.
- Read through the requirements carefully.
- The Application deadline is 30 July.
- If your results are not available please send your application form in indicating that your results will follow as soon as they are available.
- Provide valid contact details.
- Sections 8 and 9 need to be completed by your school principal (not applicable to university students).
- Don’t forget to attach your biography and essay to your application form.
The Coordinator Actuarial Bursary Applications
Actuarial Resource Development (2M)
Po Box 66
Only applications submitted directly to this office will be considered (i.e. please do not deliver your applications to branches or submit via a financial adviser).
Submissions will be shortlisted and those candidates will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us it is your responsibility to contact the Bursary Office.
Tel: +27 (0)21 509 4861/(0)11 2171707.
Comments are closed.